Hope you had a relaxing Holiday Season and already started preparing for the VR challenges of the coming year. I am sure 2017 will bring more excitement in virtual reality and 360° video usage in marketing, advertising than before.
I do not watch ballet very often, but I was thrilled when I learned that the Dutch National Ballet presented Night Fall, the first Virtual Reality ballet in the world. Yes, ballet in 360-degree video!
You do not need to spend much time to find out with a little bit of googling that AR/VR is steadily going mainstream and advertisers, media agencies will need more and more quality content.
- Custom VR content will become mainstream
- It’ll be used more in healthcare
- Systems-on-a-chip (SoC) will improve
- We’ll see more AR being used
- We’ll see some new hardware
- Twitter may join in on the fun – and indeed they jumped on the bandwagon as we speak, they introduced live 360 video – more about it on their blog >>>
- VR will appear in more marketing imagery
- It’ll be used as a marketing personalisation tool
No matter if you’re a beginner in 360° panorama or video creation or an experienced panographer, videographer it worth reading the following reports and white papers on the state of VR and 360-degree video:
- The IAB Report that analyzes Virtual Reality’s potential as an Advertising Medium by Identifying Key Strengths and Challenges. This report showcases insights from 24 top marketers, publishers, VR software experts & developer platform executives.
Key learning: increased use of 360-degree video is singled out as critical first step in virtual reality’s growth into a mainstream marketing channel. Click here to read the report >>>
- All about 360 degree and VR Ads by ADVRTAS >>>
- Storytelling in a Virtual World – New Art of 360° Video Production by Storyhunter >>>
If you create 360° video you can join us and showcase your work on our site to find new clients with us.
We wish you a Happy New Virtual Reality and 360-degree Video Year!